Gateway Riding Academy
2022 Schedule and Dates
Our classes from March to November are as follows:
• 3/11 - 3/13
• 3/18 - 3/20
• 3/25 - 3/27
• 4/1 - 4/3
• 4/22 - 4/24
• 4/29 - 5/1
• 5/13 - 5/15
• 5/20 - 5/22
• 6/3 - 6/5
• 6/10 - 6/12
• 6/24 - 6/26
• 7/15 - 7/17
• 8/5 - 8/7
• 8/12 - 8/14
• 8/19 - 8/21
• 8/26 - 8/28
• 9/9 - 9/11
• 9/16 - 9/18
• 9/23 - 9/25
• 9/30 - 10/2
• 10/7 - 10/9
• 10/14 - 10/16
• 10/21 - 10/23
• 10/28 - 10/30
• 11/4 - 11/6
About Riding Academy
Although designed for beginners, any rider will benefit from this course. Gain basic skills and knowledge to earn your endorsement/license. In-class and on-range sessions. Motorcycle provided; personal gear required.
After you complete our course, you can apply for your Motorcycle Endorsement in Missouri! Our class qualifies as the written and driving portion of your Motorcycle Endorsement Test! All you'll need to do after passing our academy is make a quick trip to the local licensing office and have your new endorsement added.
The experts at our dealership are always here to help you. If you have any questions about our techniques, scheduling, pricing, or attire. Our team will gladly assist you. We want to make sure that your learning experience is as comfortable as possible.
Want a new bike? If you train at the Riding Academy then you may qualify for special low APR Offers!
WHAT TO DO BEFORE A HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE CLASS
Get comfortable on a motorcycle before you even walk into your first class. Make the most of your class by getting in the saddle at your local Harley-Davidson® dealership and trying a Jumpstart™ demo. Getting knowledgeable before your class begins will get you on a bike and feeling comfortable faster.
You’ll mount the motorcycle, set your boots on the foot pegs and fire up the engine under the watchful eye of our trained personnel. And then, sitting comfortably on the motorcycle, you’ll give the throttle a twist and continue to shift through the gears – all while safely and securely attached to the Jumpstart™ platform.
Friday 5:45-9:30pm All class-room
Saturday 7am – 4pm Class and Range
Sunday 7am – 4pm Class and Range
No - The curriculum is a building block learning process.
15 ½ years old with parent signature on waivers
- No, we provide Harley Davidson Street 500s during the class
- No, they are real-world Harley Davidson motorcycles. They have modifications just for the learning environment.
1) Each motorcycle has a protective kit installed that limits damage should the bike fall over
2) a calibration unit is installed the limits the speed of the motorcycles for the course environment.
- Successfully complete all range exercise and class work and pass both written and riding exams.
- No, you will have to start from the beginning and need to pay for the new class.
- No, right now Harley Davidson does not have special promotions for Riding Academy
- See the sales department, they may have special deals.
While the range & class curriculum is the same our motorcycles are Harley-Davidsons and we add a H-D experience, additionally Harley Davidson Rider Coaches have additional certification.
- We ride rain or shine; consider bringing rain gear and a change of clothes.
- You may reschedule a class one-time, within our season, if you contact the Riding Academy Manager 7 days before the start of your scheduled class.
- If you contact the Riding Academy Manager 7 days before the start of your scheduled class.
- You will be required to hold up the weight of the motorcycle when stopped and also move the motorcycle while sitting upon it during an early exercise.
- See the DMV for detail
- When you successfully complete our course, the riding/skills evaluation and written exam at the DMV is waived. See the DMV for detail. Permits only require a written exam and have riding restrictions.
- Check with your local DMV for the most accurate info on what is accepted by your state. For students that are residents outside of Missouri, when successfully passing our class, you will receive a Motorcycle Safety Foundation completion card for the Basic Rider Course.
- No, our range size does not allow room for the 3-wheeler course
- The skilled rider class will be offered soon.
- Occasionally when it becomes clear that a student is not progressing enough to meet objectives in exercises the coaches may counsel out a student, students may also choose to stop when they feel that they are not progressing. Occasionally a student may fail one of the exams at the end of class.
- No more than 10. With at least one Rider Coach per 5 students.
What do I need to begin?
You will need the following for class:
• A 3/4 or full face DOT approved Helmet
• Protective Eyewear
• Over-the-Ankle Shoe/Boot
• Long Sleeve Shirt/ Jacket
• Full Finger Gloves
• Jeans or Motorcycle Pants
• Motorcycle Permit or Driver’s License with Motorcycle Endorsement.
Whatever your journey, we have the gear to get you there. Designed with you in mind, our range is tailored for safety, comfort and confidence, from classic leather jackets and helmets to eyewear and gloves.
Helmets are the most important piece of safety gear. Statistics show that correctly fitted and worn helmets dramatically reduce the incidence of fatal head injuries, so it's essential to get the right one for you.
So why not come in and see us and we will check your helmet for fit, age and any damage.
Our leathers are designed to give you exactly what you want, on and off the road, and include both modern and more vintage styles.
Born from a proud tradition of performance, our leathers will stand the test of time. These high-quality hides are dyed completely through the leather, so even if you scuff them, they continue to look great.
Come in store to find out more
It’s essential you look good off the bike and feel good on it, so we have developed a wide-range of Performance Sportswear which can act as the perfect bottom layer when you’re out riding.
Incorporating the latest technologies, our Performance Fabrics help regulate your body temperature, keeping you cool, dry and fresh throughout the day.
Whatever the weather, these are must haves for safe riding. Whether it’s about remaining comfortable when the weather's against you or being seen by other road users, our riding gear incorporates the latest technologies to provide you with all the protection you need for a safe ride.
From our heated clothing and cooler mesh riding jackets to our range of Hi-Vis waterproofs and outerwear, we will make sure you can continue riding in any climate.
Riding Academy Contact Info
email@example.com | Store:314-845-9900
Riding Academy Manager | (847) 226-3690